Here are a few fast facts about our island you might find interesting:
– CPF is not invented by the Singapore Government. It is a legacy of the British (it’s called National Insurance today in the UK)
– HDB is running billion dollar deficits providing homes to Singaporeans
– 98% of the Singapore is employed. Considered full employment by economical standards
– Town Councils are run by the respective MPs
– MediFund provides for needy Singaporeans who are unable to pay for medical fees. You will not be refused treatment in a public hospital
– If you are homeless, MCYS will provide you shelter. For desperate cases and destitutes, they decide how much you want to pay, even if it is 50 cents
– There is zero absolute poverty in Singapore
– There is a ton of welfare/charity services and aid provided by the CDCs. Including short term monetary help for reinstating utility bills and emergency cash
– Over 90% of Singaporeans own their own houses
We’ll add to this list as time goes by….
Find out more about FiveStarsAndAMoon here
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.