Ah Lians are the heart beat of Singapore. The AA battery that powers the Singapore Flyer. They have been there when you were down. They were quietly cheering you on when you were in school. Your secret admirer when there is no one to admire you.
If you’re dating an Ah Lian now, here are 10 reasons why you should celebrate:
10. Their photos are always entertaining
9. They won’t run away when there’s trouble
8. Not all of them are bimbos
7. Although many are…
6. They won’t bog you down with heavy theoretical debates
5. Hawker centres make them happy
(hey…don’t flame us, we just Googled for “lian” and “hawker”…)
4. They can sing every song at the Karaoke
3. They don’t mind if you speak bad English
2. They are easily entertained – just provide Korean and Hong Kong dramas.
1. You can “zhut” her and ask: “Eh Ah Lian, 走 stead 要不要?” (want to go stead or not?) on her…
Steady boh? Steady don’t run water!
You might also like» Low vs Lee Translated!
» RIP Responsible Investigative Journalism
» A ‘legal defence fund’ that defends nothing
» Meritocracy with a Heart: Reigniting the Singapore passion
» The Brunei Hostel… took my 5 senses away…