1. When Chow Yuen Fatt said this in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AclwZliZlOs
2. When I’m walking towards immigration at Changi, clock the long queue, and then turn and head straight for the automated clearance gantries #likeaboss
3. Every time we win best world’s airport
4. When I’m driving down the ECP at night and out of nowhere I see this…
5. Every time I see a non-Singaporean carrying a Charles and Keith bag
6. …Or spot someone raving about floss buns in an international Bread Talk outlet
Picture: Bread Talk Colombo, by Yamu.lk
7. Or see any amazing home-grown brands like Creative, Banyan Tree Resorts & Spas, Strip Waxing Salons, who’ve become so successful internationally
8. When Lady Gaga wore our this dress by our very own Ashley Isham.
9. Any time I eat in a hawker Centre… Come on you know it’s true!
10. When I read articles like this
11. And I think about how far we’ve come…and in such a sort time
Picture: Chinatown year unknown, from http://martinliewphotography.blogspot.com/2009/04/postcards-of-old-singapore.html
12. When I experience the amazing creative talents our city has
13. When I walk down that stretch of South Bridge Rd where there is a mosque, Hindu temple, Buddhist temple and a church within 100m of one another.
And it’s always completely peaceful.
Picture: Sketch by Liz Steel www.lizsteel.com
14. And without fail every single time I hear this song…
So yeah, the haters are always gonna hate, but for better and for worse I am…
We Singaporeans have plenty of complaints – from train delays to haze.
So, we wanted to find out what Singaporeans on the street have to say.
Are we really a miserable bunch of unhappy people?
Click here to look at our video!