DBS is giving $1000 per employee, are you jealous?
That’s right – everyone from the rank of vice-president and below is reported to be receiving this amount. It is a nice gesture, and perhaps a commitment from the bank that they value their staff.
As part of the SG50 celebrations, DBS said it will be contributing more than S$100m to mark the nation’s celebratory milestone.
Other forms of spending the S$100m will be on programs such as:
• DBS Foundation to support social entrepreneurship (S$50 million)
• DBS Singapore Gallery (S$25 million)
• One-time employee reward linked to SG50 and DBS market cap of S$50 billion (S$18 million, or S$1,000 per employee ranked vice president and below)
• Sponsorship of SEA Games dragon boating and sailing races (S$3.5 million). SEA Games will be held in conjunction with DBS Marina Regatta in late May/early June
• Customer initiatives such as National School Savings Campaign and Child Development Account, which includes a “POSB Smiley Gift Bag” for all Jubilee babies (S$10 million)
Not only that, the bank had affirmed its commitment to promote entrepreneurship and the development of a smart nation over the next 50 years. Already it had reported that programs such as start-up boot camps for budding entrepreneurs is in operation.