Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans, the PAP and the non-PAP all woke up to this on their newsfeed this morning.
It starts at the bottom of the pit of your stomach. It stirs. And a sudden pressure pushes it up, up, up… like a thermometer on the rise… All at once, your body tenses, your throat closes, your finger tips stiffen… your head spins, and your sphincter weakens. Some acid escapes from the stomach into the oesophagus, and you say to yourself, “it’s just acid reflux” and consider antacids to give you temporary relief, but in the long term, you know the antacids will reduce the digestive tracts ability to breakdown proteins resulting in new digestive issues. Your face twitches lightly, and your normally calm and pleasant demeanour creeps and contorts until it becomes an all-consuming anger emoticon; your brows knit together, your nostrils flare, your mouth quivers, your hands close into fists, your knuckles turn white…
We just described how this made us feel. Anger, (or hernia). But you get our drift.
Just so many wrongs in one post:
- Slander – In law, Slander is the act of making a false, negative spoken statement about someone. Libel, is the act of making a false written statement about someone. This article is an attack on the PAP government, and we look forward to see a response.
- Misrepresentation – The article used an eye-catching image to encapsulate its message, which suggests – all at once – that Miss Jamie Yeo is a “Singaporean” “Lady” who has been “deterred” by “PAP policies” from having “children”.
- Inaccuracy – which is not quite the case, as she has been an advocate of the government, and above and beyond that, motherhood. She founded mums.sg for crying out loud. (If you’re reading this, we love you Jamie, we’ve loved you since we were growing up, which for most of us takes forever! Thanks for kicking ass!)
- Distaste – The topic is an interesting one. And should have generated much discussion and even yield results if undertaken in a more tasteful manner. Instead, ASS tried to go for shock and awe – and failed – more like they just served chicken raw.
- Syntax & Grammar – Don’t even make us go there. If the writer steps forward to apologise, we’d like to offer him/her some lessons. (we’re not kidding. our editor just agreed to it)
What’s right though, is that ASS just messed with the wrong MAMA, and it just got kicked.
Many are asking for an apology, and even for a case to be filed against ASS.
Is this the beginning of another TRS saga?
Someone go set up a KICKASS Facebook page already.
Check us out, we on IG too! >> www.instagram.com/fivestarsandamoon