- Yup, you read that right. Miss Mermaid Singapore 2016, the first pageant of its kind just happened.
- It actually garnered 61 signups but only the top 14 mermaids in Singapore managed to proceed to the finals.
- The beauty pageant originated in Germany in 2014.
- The winner of the Singapore pageant will receive a $2,000 cash prize and beauty products from sponsors.
- She will compete internationally in Soma Bay, Egypt, next month.
- They were taught to swim in mermaid tails by Mr Toh Zhen Yu, 23, an entrepreneur and certified lifeguard.
“What the fish?”
Seems like I’m not the only one who found this contest more than just a little bizarre.
while some OTHERS HAVE NO ISSUES WITH IT…
Relax and chill lah.
You didn’t ask me but,
I’m not that surprised by the pageant but a little surprised at how the 23 year old entrepreneur was going to teach them how to swim like a mermaid when mermaids ain’t real to begin with? (I hope I didn’t just crush anyone’s fantasy…)
And why am I not surprised? Because there are even more bizarre contests out there!
And this guy…