Scrolling through various Facebook comments, it is common to see people of various races (especially the Chinese majority), calling out the racial criteria in the Elected Presidency a form of tokenism.
However, we spotted a few comments from minorities on various Facebook posts on mainstream media pages and even Bertha Henson’s wall which seemed to take a different perspective towards this new rule.
1. This is fair representation
2. having racial representation is logical
3. nothing wrong, but malay candidate must also be competent
4. This is a positive and inclusive signal from govt
5. As long as it’s not a new citizen
6. why not Celebrate a more equitable distribution of power?
7. Would you prefer the alternative?
8. once seen, cannot unsee
Image Credits: Getty Images.