Elected Presidency Race Criteria = Tokenism? These People Have A Different View…
Scrolling through various Facebook comments, it is common to see people of various races (especially the Chinese majority), calling out the racial criteria in the Elected Presidency a form of tokenism.
However, we spotted a few comments from minorities on various Facebook posts on mainstream media pages and even Bertha Henson’s wall which seemed to take a different perspective towards this new rule.
1. This is fair representation
2. having racial representation is logical
3. nothing wrong, but malay candidate must also be competent
4. This is a positive and inclusive signal from govt
5. As long as it’s not a new citizen
6. why not Celebrate a more equitable distribution of power?
This is not a site that has an agenda of supporting any political party, nor organisation. By being pro- this or anti- that, is just missing the point.
The only establishment we support is the establishment of journalism and free speech. Free speech also means writing about things you may not like or disagree with. By default, every piece of writing on this site does not represent the collective agreement of the editorial team or the editor.
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.